Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall Activities

Last week, we decided to put our Halloween haunted house together. It always seems like the most fun thing to do until you actually do it. As Hillary could tell you, the icing was everywhere & running everywhere. All the kids wanted to do was eat the candy & Pat & I are trying to put the dang house together...it dried with it leaning a little. Hannah had candy corn on the top of the roof & Izzie swiped them off lickity split & popped them in her mouth.
Tonight, we decided to let the kids carve their pumpkins. I know, a little early, but Pat can't stand it. Once the stores put the pumpkins & decorations out, he is itching to break out the little saws & stencils. As you can see here, Izzie did not like the insides. YUCKY!
Ryan has never like the insides either, so Hannah gladly helped clean his out. Hannah decided on a vampire. We taped the stencil on & then she decided she was afraid of it. Typical. So she decided on a ghost...I guess it looked more friendly. Ryan decided on a spider. I tried to talk him out of it because it looked too hard, but he wouldn't budge. Little did I know, he never planned on actually touching the stencil, or the saw, or the pumpkin, so I ended up doing it for him. I have done many so I finished in about 10 minutes...I wanted to watch the Presidential Debate.
I think they turned out pretty well. Hannah did all of hers by herself. She was so proud & was working on the last piece & the whole thing broke off. She, of course, was flipping out. Leave it to MacGyver Mommy to fix it with toothpicks.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

You are SO brave! I HATE those Halloween Houses and I have vowed never again (and I mean it this time!) We will see how pumpkin carving goes next weeken. Your's turned out awesome! Way to go Hannah!

Michelle Blair said...

Very cute pumpkins. Can you come do one with Gavin?

katie mcphee said...

awesome pumpkins! you guys are really good at those...i always ruin the stencil and the pumpkin usually breaks...looks like a lot of fun :)love you guys