We had our Primary Program today. Ryan memorized his part without me really helping him. Hannah's talk was really sweet about baptism. She was the youngest one of three with a talk. Everyone else had single lines & each practice after she was done reading her talk, she would say, "Man, that is really long." Pat told her she did a really good job & she said, "I was really nervous." The first of many talks & she doesn't even know it. Pat's sister Tammy & her daughter Morgan came to keep Izzie for me. This was very nice of her considering the fact that Izzie doesn't respond too well to her. I don't know why, all the kids love her, but Izzie never wants any part of it. She even bought her toys & ended up driving around town with her. And the biggest surprise of the day...Pat showed up unexpectedly & was able to help with Izzie & watch the kids say their parts & sing. Ryan got mad because he wanted to go say hi to him & another leader wouldn't let him go. He basically laid down & cried after that. I let him go down to say hi, after he said, "Leave me alone!" He came back up & was fine after that & kept waving to Pat.
That's a big stress out of the way. Oh, & when I got up out of my seat to get a tissue, the folding seat (like a movie theater seat) popped up, I didn't know it, & I sat back down on the top of it & almost fell over, in front of the entire audience. Great. I laughed & life went on.
Besides that, same old thing here. I can't believe Christmas is almost here. I have to figure out what to buy & how to pay for it. Isn't it amazing that you always stress over it & it always seems to work out fine. We have enough toys @ our house...I want to get a big thing for each of them, a few small things, & I want to start the tradition of getting PJ's for the kids that match & letting them open it on Christmas Eve. I don't want Santa to have to try to out do himself every year. The kids have no idea how much things cost & they don't care. It will be a good Christmas because we will be together...even though we drive each other insane at times...OK most of the time, but whatever.
4 comments:
We had our program yesterday too. I am so glad it is over. I think that it went well though! Give those three kids of your a big kiss and hug from their Aunt Mimi! We love you guys.
Yes, that was torture for me and Morgan!!!! But we will win her over someday!!!
Yeah for primary programs and hurray they are over! Enough with the camera problems, we went through the same thing not long ago. But, I really need to see pictures!!!!!!
soooo funny! especially the folding chair part, hahahaaha!!
Post a Comment