We are all so excited to go on vacation to WV to visit my family. Pat was going with us for the first time since we moved to NM six years ago. Our flight left Albuquerque @ 6am so we spent Friday night there. Everything was great (I highly recommend checking in online instead of waiting in line @ the airport) & we made it to Minneapolis. We grabbed a quick sandwich & walked around, waiting for our 3 hours lay over to pass. We were about to board the plane & the agent made an announcement. The 1st pilot didn't show up so our flight was cancelled & everyone would have to rebook. GREAT!!! I never have an easy time with flying! People started running to get into lines to reschedule their flights. Because we had 5 people to find seats for, it was difficult & took a long time. We ended up having to stay the night in Minnesota, their treat, & received meal vouchers. I'm so glad Pat was there during the 2 hours it took us to figure everything out. He was freaking out so I HAD to be the calm one. I would have been freaking out if I had been there with the kids by myself. We were to leave the next morning @ 10am.
They shuttled us to the Embassey Suites. The nicest hotel we have ever stayed because I am so cheap!

The hotel also had a shuttle to the Mall of America. I was not thrilled about going because I was so tired from all the stress of figuring things out. Pat made the statement, "This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. We will probably never be here ever again." Ok. Fine. We only had a couple hours, but we could have stayed all night.

They had to most awesome hand dryers in the bathroom. They were made by Dyson, as in the vacuum. You put your hands in & slowly pulled them out & they were dry. The blower was so powerful, it made little ripples in Izzie's chubby arms.
Mall of America has 4 levels with an amusement park in the middle. Pretty cool!
Pat took the kids down the log ride. Ryan said, "It sneezed on me!"
This Woody from Toy Story is made out of Legos. Awesome!







No comments:
Post a Comment