Friday, May 23, 2008

Stitches!



It was just a matter of time, but we knew Ryan would get stitches, eventually. He's just a rough and tumble boy. Not afraid of anything. Well, we were in the backyard last Saturday and Pat said, "Look at your son." He was about 15 feet up in a tree. He said, "It's just a matter of time before he breaks a bone." Soon after, we hear, "Daddy, Daddy, help me, help me!!! I'm gonna fall!!!" In a panic, Pat drops the rake, jumps a fence, and catches Ryan as he is falling. Cat-like reflexes. We thought everything was ok, but he limped inside, so I followed. He freaked out when he saw the blood. I wanted to freak out when I saw the gash. I yelled for Pat to come look at it because a band-aid was not going to fix this. He told me to take him to Urgent Care. The Dr. pulled chunks of the tree out of his leg. He did ok; he is a brave little guy. Three stitches and a Webkinz later, there were no more tears.


1 comment:

Michelle Blair said...

Ryan is a superstar. He is a tough little boy. Good job keeping up with the big boys!