Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dinner

I have been neglecting dinner lately. Not because I want to, but I am hardly at home for dinner. I'm usually at work, leaving Pat to feed the animals at the zoo. I tried to make up for my shortcomings tonight. We had fried chicken, real mashed potatoes, homemade gravy, and the star of the show as far as I'm concerned: CORN FRITTERS! They are a dear, loved addition to any meal with the Murphy's. They didn't turn out just like PapPaw's but they were close & reminded me of summers near the water in North Carolina. He made me try them...about 22 years ago or so...dang, I feel old. I threw a FIT because I didn't want to try them; I thought they would be gross, like the kids did tonight. One bite was all it took. They are SSSSSOOOOO good! The kids tried them & were not impressed. I'm not going to give up on them though. I'm sure they will see these little cakes on their plates several times in the future.




I thought I would throw this one in. They were watching a movie on the computer before we got our new TV. This is Hannah's hair everyday before it is tamed. Sweet.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

I want to come to dinner at your house. Have fun in WV!