Today was the first day all the kids went to school. I was excited. Hannah was excited. Ryan was excited. Izzie was excited (see below). Hannah was up about 6 am watching Dora the Explorer. I kept hearing her laugh & every once in a while I would here her say "SWIPER!" or "BACKPACK!" She was dressed & everything. I walked them over to the school. Ryan was supposed to stay in the lunchroom, while the other kids were supposed to go outside to play before the bell rang.

This was him after I walked him to his Kindergarten room. He knew what was coming. He was not happy (see below). His teachers told me that he tried to leave the school at recess on Friday....gotta watch that kid.

After leaving Ryan, I found Hannah outside & walked her to her 3rd grade room. She was NOT happy (see below).
I have to admit, leaving them so unhappy was very hard. Leaving them with people they didn't know & with friends they haven't made yet was very hard. I knew they would be fine. But I had to make sure. Since we live across the street from the school, on the back side, I sat on the couch & watched for them to go to recess. With binoculars. That is so horrible to admit. I found each one of them. I saw Ryan climb to the top of the LARGE play equipment, about 10 feet in the air, & fall on the ground. He hopped right up...good thing; I may have jumped the fence. Ryan found a little friend, Aiden, that he played with for a long time. They are in the same class, Mrs. Woolfolk. After school, Ryan was in a much better mood.

Hannah found a girl to play with also, but she can't remember her name....to be added at a later date...The girl is in her class & she was excited about PE. She really likes her teacher Mrs. Burns.

It was so quiet today & I had hardly any messes to clean. I didn't know what to do with myself. It was almost too quiet. I, for a split second, had the notion of home schooling. Then I was zapped back into reality. School is necessary so the parents & children do not kill each other. ;)
3 comments:
The fact that you used the binoculars and admitted to it shows that you are so much more like me then you knew!! Love it! :D I would go into all the wonderful aspects of homeschooling but I will refrain ;)
Okay, are you crazy! Homeschooling... great pictures! I can see you using binoculars, although by the end of the week you should be busy enough that you won't even think of the kiddos at school. Enjoy you free time!
hannah: diggin' the glasses amiga! miss you!
Post a Comment