Ryan has been ready for Kindergarten for a long time. He was ready to go the week after Preschool graduation. He has been counting down the days & just couldn't wait.
Me & my boy
He started playing with this group of boy right away. I shed a few tears & said my goodbyes.
He sat down at the table & looked sad. I asked him what was wrong. He said he was just waiting. I said ok & tried to leave. He ran to the door to give me a kiss & went back in. I headed down the hall to find the other kids & I felt someone tugging on my legs. RYAN HAD ESCAPED! He was acting whiny & said he was nervous. I took him back into the class. I reassured him & told him that he would make lots of friends & would have lots of fun. I have him a hug & left. I headed down the hall again...Hannah informed he that Izzie was crawling like a dog down the hall. Yep...she was telling the truth! Izzie was crawling down the hall with people all around & she was crawling down the middle of them. Great. I get Izzie, turn around, & Ryan is running towards me. RYAN HAD ESCAPED AGAIN! The teachers didn't even know! What the heck! Really crying now, he is holding onto me for dear life. I kneel down with Izzie in one arm, Ryan in the other. I tell him that he can't just leave the classroom whenever he feels like it. Another teacher tries to get him to go with her to run an errand. He looked at her like she was totally crazy. Another teacher took him into another room to play the drums so I could leave. I never, ever thought he would have acted that way.After school, he was so happy & ready for Monday. He will walk to school with the rest of the kids. We live across the street from the school. Monday is going to be a happy day! If only I could send Izzie somewhere! Just kidding...maybe.


1 comment:
That's a great story! I am glad Ryan is official now. Good job buddy, I am excited for Monday too....especially for my kids!
Post a Comment