I made Halloween Stew the other night for dinner. It is really chicken noodle soup, but with a twist. My kids won't eat something if they see vegetables like onions, celery, or carrots in it. Sooooo...I pureed all the veggies & threw them in the soup. The carrots turned everything orange, of course. I had to throw the veggies in the frig fast before Hannah came in to see what I was doing. It was very good, if I do say so myself, & everyone else liked it, too. YUM!
After dinner, Hannah decided she was going to help with the dishes & who am I to deny her that privilege?!?! She whipped out the rubber gloves (can't ruin those nails, ya know) & got to work.

Izzie wanted to get in on the action. I wasn't as excited for her to help, but oh, well. She thinks it is the best thing to stand on a chair & get me & the floor wet. And she won't take "NO!" for an answer.

Oh yeah, and herself wet, too. This was at the beginning. At the end, she always says, "I'm wet." Then she takes all of her clothes off. BTW: I can't remember if I posted this yet, but she is TOTALLY POTTY TRAINED. It is the best thing. She's a pretty good girl, too.
1) We got a quick round of the flu again. Ryan threw up in his bed (on the top bunk) & then proceeded to lean over the side & throw up on Hannah! Glad she didn't wake up.
2) The kids love school. Ryan says he wishes he could go to school everyday (no need for Mom) & Hannah says she wants to marry McKinley (the school).
3) Since we live across the street from the school, I see the kids at recess. The other day, Ryan was hanging on a bigger kid's leg & wouldn't let go. The kid kept hitting him the head, but Ryan didn't budge. He finally got off & I thought "Good." Ryan backed up & dived at the kids feet, trying to take him down like in wrestling. I found out later, the kid is 10...Ry is 5. Trouble.
4) Izzie loves to watch High School Musical 3...she thinks she's going to marry Troy Bolton.
5) I woke up at 4:30 am the other day to find every light in the house on. I checked Hannah's bed. She was gone. And when I say every light was on, I mean that literally. The TV was at a deafening level. I walked down the hall to find Hannah dressed in the kitchen. That's the good part. But she was wearing my rollerblades & fixing herself hot chocolate. At 4:30 in the MORNING. It's still DARK outside. I asked her what she was doing. She never answered me. Just stared like I was speaking Spanish. I sent her to bed & then I overslept BIG TIME for school. Like they had 8 minutes to be dressed & out the door. I may have had to take their lunches to school, but they made it on time!
6) We went out to eat at Fuddruckers (fav) tonight. Being the mean mom that I am, I asked Izzie if she wanted a pickle......that looked like a jalapeno. Ok. It was a jalapeno. I knew I was going to take it away from her as soon as it touched her mouth. Well, she fell for it. It touched her tongue & I ripped it out of there. She had her tongue hanging out of her mouth...she was licking my sweater...didn't work...grabbed a napkin...wiping her tongue with it...didn't work...I gave her a drink...didn't work...gave her a drink of Hannah's milkshake...seemed to work. We were all dying laughing. I was laughing so hard I was crying. I know. Majorly mean. Izzie looked at me, narrowed her eyes, & said, "STOP IT!" That made it even funnier. That girl has attitude. Don't know where she got it from.
7) Halloween costumes are ready to be worn. Pictures to follow soon.



No comments:
Post a Comment