Saturday, January 31, 2009

New Furniture



We decided we needed some new furniture. I like new furniture, but I hate the process. We went & picked it out in about 2 minutes because any longer & Pat might have a brain hemorrhage. So the process begins. This is how things normally go. Pat gets all the pieces out. I get the directions & the screws & such. I am the brains...he uses the muscles. It doesn't look that hard. Some hidden cams, some screws, some nails, no big deal. First, the directions were not the greatest. So, here I am, trying to figure it out from matching up the pictures. I get a step figured out. Obviously my way of explaining things is retarded. Pat could never figure out what I was meaning & I would have to take the piece myself & say, "Like this." About 50 times. I literally thought about murder several times. Not to mention that while Pat & I are struggling with the materials, the kids are using butter knives to cut up all, & I do mean ALL, the styrofoam from the box. Oh, happy day. We get it finished, finally. It looks great & Pat is proud of himself. Now the real fun begins. Taking the TV & all of the other "crap" (i.e. Wii, DVD player, satelite box, even the VCR that I can't seem to get over) apart.






We got it apart & back together in time for Izzie to fall off the couch & start bleeding. I thought it was inside her mouth. It was. There was also a cut on her cheek. Nothing major, but the blood always scares me & I act like it doesn't. Of course, I have to hold her down to get the blood soaked up, so of course she is screaming her stinkin head off. Not because it hurt, or because she is bleeding. She wants down. I got the bleeding to stop. I put her down. She walked away & started licking Ryan's popsicle. Brat.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

i hate styrofoam... especially when all the little 'snow' sized pieces won't vacuum up... ugh. i feel your pain.